Talem Home Care is a provider of in-home care for seniors. The company has been in operation for ten years and has helped thousands of seniors live at home independently. In addition, Talem Home Care provides other healthcare services such as personal care, homemaker, senior placement services, specialty care, and programs to combat isolation, depression, loneliness, and veteran services.
The company was founded by Jake Rankin after spending considerable time in the medical industry. After considering the purchase of his own franchise, he decided to create his own brand in hopes of having the greatest impact.
One of Jake’s missions has been to take the traditional negatives of a home care franchise and eliminate them. Things like allowing franchisees to have larger territories, extensive training, unlimited ongoing support, and multiple revenue streams are all reasons to consider Talem over other home health franchises.
Talem currently has approximately 10 franchise units.
Talem Home Care training and support
- Complete Training & Support — To help prepare new franchisees, Talem provides a minimum of 12 weeks of extensive training. This includes:
- 1-2 weeks at your location
- At least 12 weeks of self-guided or instructor-led education
- There is also unlimited ongoing support at no additional cost
Talem Home Care franchise cost
- Franchise fee: $39,500 – $66,500
- Royalty fee: 5%
- Brand development fund: 0-2%
- Total Average Initial Investment: $71,000 – $158,500
Related: Best Home-Based Franchises
The ideal candidate for a Talem Home Care franchise
As with all franchise opportunities, it’s critical to find a good match between franchisor and franchisee. For that reason, Talem has clearly identified the type of people that are ideal for owning a franchise:
- Passionate about improving lives and providing quality care
- Actively involved in their communities
- Entrepreneurial and willing to look for new opportunities
- Creative and able to take initiative
- Compassionate and caring
- Able to solve problems and learn from mistakes
Request more information about Talem Home Care
For more information about Talem Home Care, fill out the form to the right.
The process of becoming a franchisee will require a number of steps starting with an initial call for both parties to get to know one another.
From there, you will submit an application and will receive an FDD and FA which detail everything you need to know about Talem. You should read these documents very carefully.
From there, you will have a follow-up call to ask more questions, followed by an on-site discovery day if all are comfortable.
The bottom line
Talem Home Care is a franchise you should consider when looking into starting a home health care business. Although not the largest franchisor in the space, they do attempt to eliminate some of the issues may encounter with other companies.
With a great training system and ongoing support, Talem Home Care has the tools to help you get up and running in a fast-growing industry relatively quickly.